Kissing a baby in the mouth can cause a variety of illnesses or complications. We can pass bacteria or viruses every time a baby is kissed. This can make your baby sick, and in the worst-case scenarios, it can even be fatal.
Doctors advised against kissing a baby in the face, especially in the mouth. This is strictly forbidden especially when the baby is just 3 months old.
Their immune system is immature and underdeveloped, so even a simple kiss can already get them sick. What are some of the illnesses baby can get from kissing?
|Photo from Pixabay|
Illnesses a baby can get from kissing
1. Herpes Simplex VirusMany babies have had HSV-1 because they have been kissed by a person with a cold sore. HSV-1 in itself is not too dangerous for adults, but it can put the baby's life at risk. When infected with HSV-1, an infant will suffer from high fever as the virus spreads in his body.
2. Respiratory Syncytial VirusIt is also a viral condition that is very contagious. Because the baby's immune system is not yet developed, they will have difficulty breathing. In some cases, babies with congenital defects and weaker bodies have succumbed due to the complications of this virus.
3. Food AllergiesThere are cases where the baby develops an allergy even if he or she does not eat any triggering foods. The reason? Someone passed the food traces after kissing the baby in the mouth!
|Photo from Unsplash|
It is a disease in which the baby develops a red rash all over his body, especially in his mouth. Hand, foot, and mouth disease can also be passed just by kissing the baby in the hand.
4. Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease
5. Chemicals in Skincare ProductsThere are harsh chemicals like parabens and formaldehyde in makeup. If a large amount comes in contact with baby's face, there is a high chance that these chemicals will be passed on to him as well.
READ ALSO: How Shaking Your Baby Can Cause Serious Brain Injury
How to protect your baby
|Photo from Pixabay|
Be sure to wash your hands and use alcohol before touching the baby. And if someone is sick, it would be best if they didn't come close to prevent the baby from getting infected.
At the end of the day, prevention is always better than cure. As a parent, don't be afraid to set limits for other people when it comes to your baby's safety.
READ ALSO: This Natural Method Helps You Choose Your Baby's Gender